General Affiliation Terms
- All affiliations run from 1st April 2017 till 31st March 2018 and currently are priced at £30.00.
- All affiliations must be renewed on 1st April each year; renewals throughout the year will be charged at full price.
- If for any reason you are unable to renew your affiliation for this year then please notify us of the reason in writing, failure to do so could result in your group being unable to re-affiliate.
- All affiliations must be paid by cash or cheque. THE INVOICE SERVICE DOES NOT APPLY TO AFFILATIONS.
- AFFILIATION CARDS MUST BE SHOWN/USED AT ALL TIMES, FAILURE TO USE YOUR CARD COULD RESULT IN NOT BEING ABLE TO USE GPA SERVICES.
- Only the FIVE named people on the card may purchase on behalf of your organisation. If the name is not on the card they will not be allowed to use the GPA services and will be refused entry to GPA building.
- PHOTOGRAPHIC ID MUST BE SHOWN AT ALL TIMES WHEN VISITING GPA BY THE FIVE NAMED PEOPLE ON YOUR AFFILIATION
- If during the course of the year any of your details change please ensure you notify us in writing.
(Change of address, contact person, names on card etc)
- ALL AFFILIATION CARDS MUST BE SHOWN WHEN MAKING ANY PURCHASES. Payment is by Cash or Cheque only.
- ALL MEMBERS MUST ENSURE THEY SIGN IN ON ENTRY TO THE BUILDING AND SIGN OUT ON EXIT OF THE BUILDING.
- Please ensure you do not open any packaging in the shop or scrapstore as you will need to pay for the item and could result in your affiliation being revoked immediately.
As the GPA is a company limited by guarantee and all affiliated members are required to pay
a one off payment of £1.00 which will entitle them to become a formal member of the company.
This is due to be paid with your first years Affiliation Fee of £30.00.
- All workshops must be booked and paid for in advance. Once workshops have been booked and paid for, no refund will be given. NO TELEPHONE BOOKINGS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- All workshops must be paid for by cash or cheque. THERE WILL BE NO INVOICE FOR WORKSHOPS.
- Only groups with up to date affiliations will be able to book for workshops. If an affiliation is out of date, it must be renewed prior to booking workshops or using any other service offered by the GPA.
- When attending workshops please ensure you arrive on time. This would be greatly appreciated.
- The Invoice Service is provided at the discretion of the Board of Directors and groups must apply in writing.
- Minimum order for Invoice is £25.00 (this must include at least £20.00 of shop goods) any order below this amount WILL NOT BE INVOICED.
- Only goods purchased in the shop and scrap store may be invoiced. NO INVOICES WILL BE ISSUED FOR SCRAP ONLY. NO AFFILIATIONS, WORKSHOPS OR CHARGES/DEPOSITS FOR HIRE EQUIPMENT WILL BE INVOICED.
- Invoices will only be issued if:
- YOUR GROUP HAS BEEN SET UP FOR THE INVOICE SERVICE
- YOUR GROUP HAS AN UP TO DATE AFFILIATION
- YOU PRODUCE YOUR AFFILIATION CARD
- ONE OF THE 5 SIGNATORIES ON THE CARD IS PRESENT TO SIGN FOR INVOICE
- All invoices must be paid within 30 days of the date of issue (this is the date on your white receipt not the date you receive the printed invoice). Failure to pay within 30 days will result in an automatic £10.00 late payment charge. If after seven days from the due date the invoice is still unpaid then a further £10.00 charge will be incurred, this will continue on a weekly basis until the invoice is settled in full.
- If the invoice service is abused by any affiliated member this could result in the service being withdrawn. All future purchases by the member will have to be made by cash or cheque.
- Last date for taking out an invoice will be 28th February each year.
- All hire equipment requires a £25.00 returnable deposit (a separate deposit is required for each item hired).
- Hire equipment bookings are only accepted if accompanied by a completed booking form and deposit. NO TELEPHONE BOOKINGS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- All hire equipment can be collected after 11.30am (Tuesday 3pm) on the day of hire but must be returned not later than 10.30am (Tuesday 2.30pm) on the day of return. Failure to comply with this will result in forfeit of deposit.
- If equipment is damaged, broken or parts missing, in any way this will result in the forfeit of deposit.
- If your organisation continually abuses the hire equipment service then they may be refused the hire of equipment in future.
We currently have one room for hire; suitable for meetings, theory and practical (messy) training. Please phone for prices as this room is available per hour. Tea & Coffee included.
Use of GPA building
Please note that under Health and Safety Guidelines:
- Any child in the building must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Any child in the building must be supervised at all times.
- No children under the age of 16 are allowed in the Scrap Store at
- Please ensure you sign in and out of the building each time you visit.
- Groups planning to visit the GPA with a group of children must notify
the GPA in advance - PLEASE NOTE THE RATIO IS 1 ADULT TO 3 CHILDREN.
TOILETS AT GPA ARE FOR THE USE OF GPA STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS ONLY